Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Egg Ribbon Hairband

My girls love wearing hairbands!

When their favorite rosette hairband fell apart, I recycled it into a felt flower {found here}.  Now they are always coming up with new hairband ideas!  This time we decided that I should try an Easter Egg.  My first idea {which involved hot gluing little beads onto a felt egg} was a complete flop, so I tried using ribbons - they worked great!

It was super easy.
I traced an egg shape onto some felt with an egg shaped cookie cutter.
Then I hot glued a variety of Easter colored ribbons onto the felt egg.
This is what it looked like from the front.


And here it is from the back.


Then I folded and hot glued the ribbons onto the back of the egg - folding the ribbons around at different angles according to the shape of the egg.


Finally, I hot glued the ribbon egg onto a plain hairband and then hot glued a smaller egg shape onto the bottom to help provide support.


Here is the finished product!


I made one for both of my little Easter Bunnies.
Hippity Hop!

6 comments:

  1. That is adorable!!! what a great way to use up ribbon scraps, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea!! That's darling!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I will make one for my niece's basket next year. Pinning you in my to craft for 2012!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday...Hope to see more of your ideas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which methons do you personally use to search for info for your new entries and which exact search algorithms do you generally rely on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Protección Orden Nueva Jersey
    The Easter Egg Ribbon Hairband is a festive accessory that adds a playful touch to springtime ensembles. Its delicate ribbon design features adorable Easter egg motifs, ensuring a comfortable fit and durability. Perfect for Easter celebrations or themed events, this affordable accessory effortlessly combines style with the joy of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...